Being single couldn’t feel worse right about now. We’re heading straight into Couple-Season where the happily-attached seem to flaunt their abundance of love and joy on every park bench and around every corner. It’s a single girl’s nightmare, but what makes it worse is when it shows on your face.
I remember those feelings of dread before I met my own Prince Charming – the beach parties and the barbeques. Even worse – the wedding RSVP addressed to Heidi Lee with an empty space where my +1 should have been. But eventually I learned that those anxiety-packed events were actually opportunities to improve myself.
Now, now dear ones, I know – having a date for Cousin Alice’s wedding is more exciting then some stinking self-improvement ritual. But what if I were to tell you that a few fun self-improvement tactics will get you more summer dates? It’s sort of a bonus idea.
Remember, when you feel good and show confidence, you become more attractive – period. You’ll be amazed how many new people you will meet as a single at a friend’s barbeque simply by wearing a new shade of self-confidence.
For my gentlemen readers – here is the point where you click away for Fantasy Stats – these tips are for ladies only …
5 Easy Summer Self-Improvement Tips For Single Ladies
- Get fitted: This is first tip on the list for a reason, girls. Our bodies change, and our bra size ad style from 3 years ago may not work as well with our new figure. Up a size or down – either way a properly fitted bra makes you look slimmer with the curves in the right place. Most of the Intimate stores will do the fitting free of charge, and the sales ladies are well trained on the styles for your body type. Same rules apply for your tank-inis too.
- Gloss up: Nothing like a perfectly tinted lip gloss with a hint of plumping action to help you feel a tad saucy. My personal favorite – Buxom Amber seems to fit almost any occasion.
- Get moving: Walk, jog, run – it really doesn’t matter. Being outdoors replenishes the VItamin D and freshens your skin. Double-duty tip because the exercise tightens your thighs and bum :) Just remember to wear the proper UV Protection for your skin type.
- Smarten up: Enroll in a summer class or workshop. Have you always wanted to learn tennis? What about painting? Hubby and I are heading to Chicago this summer for a Wine & Canvas class. Why not grab a couple of your single gal pals and think of your own outing? At the very least, the experience will give you an interesting conversation topic for summer dates. Best case scenario – your future Prince Charming just happened to ignore my above request that men don’t read on, and he shows up in the same class asking to be the hot chick’s study partner (that’s you, by the way
- Go naked: Oh behave – I mean naked with your foods. Check out the colors at your local farmers markets and stock your fridge with crisp fruits and veggies. Eating fresh, naked produce not only gives you an energy boost, it adds a little color to your cheeks.
There you have it, my innocent lovelies. Not only will you survive another singles-summer, you will thrive. It’s all about attitude, ladies. When you feel good about yourself, you are in a better position to meet the man of your dreams. And trust me – he is looking for you right now as well. So get that sourpuss face out of his way and make yourself shine this summer.
And drop back by here to let me know when you meet him. I do RSVP to wedding invites
Please feel free to share any tips or tricks that work for you below in the comments.