Thought I would pop on and again share with you the Egg on my Face – would you like that over-easy?
Yesterday I made a bold commitment to follow my diet rules and my exercise path – I only won 3/4 of my battle. Yesterday I spoke, tail between my legs, of how I needed to focus on my health in preparation for an upcoming surgery. I promised myself and each of you that I would stick to my Plan for Performance
- Exercise following some of my favorite fitness DVDs – check. Got that done with a 3 mile Power Walk using a #LeslieSansone Power Walk video
- East 4 well-balanced, 400 Calorie #FlatBellyDiet Meals daily – 3/4 of a check. Skipped breakfast again using a Conference Call as an excuse
- Maintain appropriate Work/Life balance for sanity and for relationships. Giant MISS! Worked until all hours of the night, and waited until after 7:30 to sit down with my son for homework help. Allowed stress of the day to overtake personal goals, and now I wake up with a feeling of failure.
So I have to ask myself this morning: did I fail, or did I truly find another opportunity for self improvement? I will focus my energy on the latter and look at the good things I did for myself yesterday.
- I made a commitment to take care of myself
- I started working towards that commitment
- I am cultivating a promising project at the office
- I got to laugh with my son while trying to design a set of Inferences
- I enjoyed a glass of red wine while I watched my favorite show – #TheBigBangTheory
Wow – look at everything that I did. I’m pretty cool, actually – lots to celebrate!
That being said, lots of opportunities ahead to keep getting better. I intend to keep working at it. To quote a favorite philosopher, “Do, or do not. There is no Try.” (brownie points to anyone who can name that quote)
My friends, is anyone else willing to share their own opportunities? I could sure use the company and the encouragement. Let’s hear from you, fellow toad kissers!